El Paso Ai-Hwa Chinese School
The organization and the educational program of the El Paso Ai-Hwa Chinese School are formulated to:
Chinese language classes are offered by the Professional & Public Programs (P3) at the University of Texas at El Paso
- Help children of Chinese descent to better understand their heritage
and appreciate their culture.
- Provide people of non-Chinese speaking background with the opportunity to study
the Chinese language and foster a better understanding of the Chinese
culture. It is a program for pursuing knowledge, moral principles, and
teamwork. This will be accomplished through providing Chinese cultural
activities and relevant programs for youths. Please read our mission statement
for requirements and class information.
School Brief History download (pdf)
News and Events
- The registration of Fall 2017 Chinese classes: to receive the 10% discount, one must enroll in person or call (915) 747-5142 during 7/24 to 7/28 (office hours: 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday - Friday)
- The current school year calendar, for details please see "CLASS SCHEDULE":
Note that the 2017 Fall semester classes are from 8/20/2017 to 12/3/2017. There are no classes on 9/3, 11/19, and 11/26.
- For the 2017 El Paso & Las Cruces Area Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language (TOCFL) general information:
Note that the test date is on April 2nd, 2017. Two different application forms are listed as below:
- The 2017 Chinese reading contest general information:
Chinese Reading Contest
The Chinese reading contest results:
- See our celebration of 2017 Chinese New Year!
Chinese New Year Poster
School supplies for the Chinese classes. Please bring them on the first day of class:
1. one inch binder
2. protection sheets (20)
3. pencils and eraser
4. color pencils
5. a glue stick
6. a pair of scissors
7. a backpack.